Eight people were found dead in a rural Florida home Sunday, the apparent victims of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said.
"It looks like an accident," Lt. Susan Benton of the Highlands County Sheriff's office said. "Two of the victims were found in the garage, inside their truck with the radio on. There's no indication it was a suicide."Benton said the father of two of the children who were among the dead said it was not uncommon for someone in the family to listen to the radio in the family truck with the engine running.
Carbon monoxide emissions from the truck apparently filled the house early Sunday morning, perhaps before the others were out of bed, killing everyone, Benton said.