PROVO -- A man accused of everything from attempted murder to evading police began crying and shaking when a judge read a laundry list of charges against him Friday.

Jacob A Hillyard, 23, South Salt Lake, was charged Friday in 4th District Court with aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery and two counts of attempted aggravated murder, all first-degree felonies. He was also charged with attempted aggravated robbery and receiving stolen property, second-degree felonies; and failing to respond to a police officer and three counts of aggravated assault, third-degree felonies.The incident began Jan. 21 when Orem officers responded to an alarm at Sound Warehouse, 777 N. State. The intruder escaped by ramming a truck into one of the squad cars of the pursuing officers. Police gave chase through nearby neighborhoods, then onto I-15.

While on the freeway, prosecutors say Hillyard hit two cars from behind, causing both to swerve off the road. The jolt blew out the right front tire on the truck and Hillyard fired shots at police, the charges state.

After exiting in American Fork, he drove into Pleasant Grove and crashed into a fence. Prosecutors say he then got out of the truck, which had been stolen from a Midvale lot and fired more shots at officers. One officer fired back.

Hillyard ran through yards and approached a Pleasant Grove woman, who was seated in her car a block north of the wrecked truck, the charges state. He allegedly forced the woman from the car at gunpoint and drove through side streets to elude police.

Two people were injured. A 40-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman were treated and later released from American Fork Hospital.

Police gleaned information from items left in a crashed truck that led them to the Hillyard's South Salt Lake apartment address, said Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Tom Paul. He was found later in the parking lot of a nearby grocery store, Paul said.

As officers approached, Hillyard jumped into a car and led police on another chase through the Salt Lake Valley, said Orem Police Lt. Bob Conner. After about 10 minutes, he left the car in an intersection and started running.

Conner said officers followed his footprints in the snow to a friend's house in Taylorsville, where he was arrested.

Hillyard was appearing in court for his felony first appearance. Hillyard said nothing but "yes" when 4th District Judge Donald Eyre asked him if he understood the charges.

Eyre set a waiver hearing for Feb. 3 and appointed the public defender's office to represent Hillyard.

A cash bail is set at $200,000.