clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Cleaning person ignites fire in North S.L. mobile home

NORTH SALT LAKE -- A person cleaning a vacant mobile home ignited a fire that caused $25,000 in damage Sunday afternoon, fire officials say.

The residents at 659 N. King Arthur Drive in the Camelot Mobile Home Park, 655 N. U.S. 89, had just moved out, and the fire was started by a cleaning person who was preparing it for sale, said South Davis County Fire Capt. Jim Rampton.Rampton said the person had just checked the gas oven to see if it was working and dropped the match into the garbage, causing the fire.

Rampton said there were no possessions in the mobile home and the structure was a total loss.