Facebook Twitter

Short ignites a S.L. home, causes $40,000 damage

SHARE Short ignites a S.L. home, causes $40,000 damage

An electrical short circuit caused sparks that ignited a Salt Lake home Thursday night, causing approximately $40,000 in damage, according to the Salt Lake Fire Department.

The residents of the home in the 800 block of 700 East were watching a movie when they heard glass breaking. They found a back room of the house on fire.

Firefighters had the fire under control within 20 minutes. No residents were injured, and they have arranged for another place to live, the report stated.