Vacationers at Snowbird were evacuated Sunday night during a chimney fire.

The fire started about 6 p.m. Sunday in the fireplace and chimney above a restaurant in the Cliff Lodge. The west side of the lodge is older and not equipped with sprinklers. Smoke smells were detected on other floors and guests were evacuated to the lobby, Salt Lake County Fire Capt. Fitzgerald Petersen said.

Fire crews were transporting someone who had had a seizure when it began. Snowy weather conditions slowed fire trucks to 15-20 mph, which delayed response. The fire was contained to the chimney. Damage estimates are not calculated in chimney fires, Petersen said.