clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Kennecott visitors center to close for open house

Kennecott will close its Bingham Canyon Mine Visitors Center to the public until 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday for a company employee open house.

All Kennecott Utah Copper employees, retirees and their families are invited to attend the event, which will include family group photographs, a luncheon and a copy of a special centennial magazine. The original Utah Copper Co. was founded in 1903.

The visitors center will open to the public at 4 p.m. following the open house and will remain open until its usual 8 p.m. closing time.