clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

3-year-old burned by boiling water

WASHINGTON TERRACE, Weber County — A 3-year-old boy was airlifted to the hospital Tuesday after he was burned by boiling water.

The boy was in his home, standing on a chair near the sink to help his mother wash dishes. At about 6:45 p.m., he reached over to the stove and pulled a pot of boiling water toward him, accidentally spilling water on himself, Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Jeff Pledger said. An ambulance took the boy to Ogden Regional Medical Center, where he was airlifted to Primary Children's Medical Center, Pledger said. The boy appeared to have second-degree burns on his lower back and left side of his body, Pledger said.