OREM — Police say a possible cocaine and heroin drug overdose nearly claimed the life of a 19-year-old man.
The man's mother went into his room to awaken him for school when she found he wasn't breathing. She called for help, and officer Tom Wallace, the first to arrive, started cardiopulmonary resuscitation, police said.
When paramedics arrived they continued the treatment and took him by ambulance to Mt. Timpanogos Hospital, where doctors established a heartbeat.
Officers found cocaine and heroin evidence in the man's room at the home, police said.