1930s vs. 2005 — Seventy or so years ago, the state's first traffic signal at 200 S. Main, made from a locomotive smoke stack in 1912, was replaced with the version shown in this undated photograph — probably from the 1930s. This view is looking northeast to the old Walker Bank corner. Note the street, bustling with people downtown. Businesses there in the 1930s included: "Painless Parker Dentist" office; Schubach jewelry; "Hole in the Wall" Candy store; Felt Electric; and the Palace Barber Shop. Also note the unusually shaped "ETS Chocolates": electric sign at the top of the Stetson Hat building. Today, 200 S., Main doesn't seem nearly as busy.