COLUMBUS, Ohio — Late goals by Chris Klein and Carey Talley, who got the winner in the final minute of regulation time, gave Real Salt Lake a 2-1 victory over the Columbus Crew on Wednesday night.

Sebastian Rozental scored on a first-half penalty kick for the Crew, who are in the midst of a team-record 13-game winless streak, the second longest in Major League Soccer history.

Columbus (4-11-8) is at the bottom of the Eastern Conference, while Salt Lake (7-10-5) moved past the Los Angeles Galaxy and out of last place in the West.

Klein brought Salt Lake even with a precise right-footed strike from 14 yards that flew past Columbus goalkeeper Bill Gaudette in the 75th minute. Klein found space in the penalty area after taking a long through ball from midfielder Andy Williams. The goal was Klein's fourth of the season.

Midfielder Talley stunned the crowd of 14,618 when he blasted Jeff Cunningham's end-line pass into the back of the net in the 90th minute for his second goal of the year.

Rozental's goal came after Crew midfielder Jacob Thomas was fouled by Salt Lake defender Willis Forko inside the penalty area. Replays showed both the ball and Thomas may have been out of bounds when Thomas was bumped by Forko, and referee Baldomero Toledo held an unusually long sideline conference with assistant referee Greg Barkey before awarding the penalty kick.

Rozental converted in the 23rd minute for his second goal of the season.

Cunningham nearly evened the score four minutes after Rozental's penalty when he fired a low, hard shot from 10 yards. The shot found its way between Gaudette's legs, who stopped the ball by sitting on it. Cunningham

also missed for Salt Lake when he curled his right-footed shot just outside the goalpost in the 89th minute.

Jason Kreis beat Gaudette to a loose ball 6 yards to the right of the goal in the 32nd minute, but Kreis shot the ball into the side netting.

Goalkeeper Scott Garlick kept Salt Lake in the game when he turned Joseph Ngwenya's close-range chip shot over the crossbar in the 58th minute.

Thomas left the game during first-half stoppage time after straining his left calf. He was replaced by Eric Vazquez.

RED BULLS 0, D.C. UNITED 0: At East Rutherford, N.J., Bruce Arena's first MLS game as coach of the Red Bulls was a big zero.

D.C. United played New York to a 0-0 tie Wednesday night to maintain its large lead in Major League Soccer standings. United improved to 13-2-7 overall, good for 46 points, which is 18 points ahead of second-place New England in the Eastern Conference.

Arena, who coached the United States for the last eight years and in two World Cups, was hired last month as coach and sporting director of the Red Bulls. The team lost an exhibition game against Barcelona 4-1 last Saturday, Arena's first game on the Red Bulls' sideline.

New York improved to 5-6-10 overall and has a five-game unbeaten streak (3-0-2) dating back to July 8.

The Red Bulls had most of the scoring chances, the best coming in the 82nd minute when Chris Henderson's crossing pass went right to the head of Edson Buddle, who directed the ball just to the left of United goalkeeper Troy Perkins, but outside the goalpost.

The Red Bulls were denied a penalty-kick opportunity in the 76th minute when Youri Djorkaeff's shot went off the right hand of United defender Bryan Namoff inside the penalty area. However, referee Mauricio Navarro made no call.

In the closing minutes, United had a three-on-one break, but defender Carlos Mendes recovered in time to kick the ball out of danger.

Tony Meola was credited with two saves in his third shutout of the season and his 61st career MLS shutout, extending his league record. Perkins, the league's top goalkeeper in all statistical categories this season, made five saves for his eighth shutout of the season.

FIRE 3, WIZARDS 0: At Bridgeview, Ill., Justin Mapp scored his first goal of the season in Chicago's 3-0 win over the Kansas City Wizards on Wednesday night.

Chicago (6-8-7) is tied for third in the East with Kansas City (7-12-4) and New York (5-6-10). The Wizards played with only 10 men for the final 43 minutes.

In the 67th minute, Ivan Guerrero sent a forward pass to Andy Herron. Herron made a run and crossed the ball to Mapp on the right side of the box. Mapp slid into the ball with his left foot and knocked it in for the final score.

Nate Jaqua struck first for the Fire. In the 25th minute, Mapp bent the ball into the box. Jaqua headed it down. It bounced back up to the left of Kansas City goalkeeper Bo Oshoniyi and into the upper right corner for the 1-0 lead.

Chad Barrett gave Chicago a 2-0 lead in the 61st minute. Chris Armas sent the ball back to Mapp, who made a run for goal. Barrett waited just to the left of the post and flicked the ball into the net. It was Barrett's first start since July 12.

Chicago got a one-man advantage in the 47th minute. Kansas City's Ryan Raybould tugged on Mapp's jersey just outside the box. The referee showed him a yellow card for the second time in the match, sending him off.

Herron replaced Chris Rolfe after 20 minutes. Rolfe left with a left hamstring contusion and will be evaluated later in the week.

Diego Gutierrez received a yellow card in the 51st minute and will miss Chicago's next game due to caution accumulation (five yellow cards).

Ryan Johnson made his Fire debut in the 70th minute and Brian Roberts made his first appearance for the Wizards in 2006.