UPDATING 5 ISSUES THE UTES HAD PRIOR TO THE SEASON:
1. Establish a starting running back: Darrell Mack has stepped in and is on pace to rush for 1,000 yards.
2. Develop depth in the secondary: Robert Johnson and R.J. Rice have gone from reserves to starters.
3. Find capable backups on the defensive line: So far, so good. Utah has a solid corps of contributors.
4. Can Brian Johnson pick up where he left off? Coach Kyle Whittingham said the Louisville game was Johnson's best.
5. Be ready for opener at Oregon State: Injuries to Matt Asiata and Johnson led to 24-7 loss for Utah.
5 ISSUES FOR THE UTES IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON:
1. Get off the roller coaster: Following a win over UCLA with a loss to UNLV proved inconsistency exists.
2. Stay healthy: Starters Jason Boone, Matt Asiata, Brent Casteel and Kyle Brady are already lost for the season.
3. Win at least four more games: A winning record and victories over UCLA and Louisville should earn bowl bid.
4. Climb the Mountain (West): The Utes are in dire need of conference success after a disappointing 0-2 start.
5. Mack attack: Tailback Darrell Mack needs to continue being effective.