Facebook Twitter

Fire burns portable toilets in Ogden

SHARE Fire burns portable toilets in Ogden

OGDEN — A fire at a company that makes portable toilets was extinguished Friday.

Firefighters were called to United Site Services at 1263 W. 3050 South at about 12:23 p.m.

"They had a burn barrel out back to keep warm and it got out of hand," Deputy Ogden Fire Chief Chad Tucker said. "The wind kicked some sparks over, and it burned a lot of port-a-potties."

The fire kicked up a huge column of black smoke over Ogden. Crews had the blaze extinguished in about 45 minutes.

Approximately 114 portable toilets burned to the ground and 30 more melted, Tucker said. The fire also spread to a truck, part of the business itself and a neighboring building.

— Ben Winslow