Wednesday, May 7
• Mother's Day Desserts is the topic of the 7 p.m. Spanish Fork Macey's Little Theatre Kitchen class. Call 798-9803. Free.
• Live Animal Show at the BYU Bean Museum at 7:30 p.m. Tonight: Utah's Plants and Animals. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Addicted to Health Fair (or "What's in Your Jello?"), 6:30 p.m., Health and Justice Building, 151 S. University Ave., Provo. A collaborative effort between Utah state officials and director of Happy Valley, Ron Williams. Call 851-7127. Free.
• Classic Literature Lectures :"Exploring the Codes of Native American Literature," Orem City Library, 55 N. State at 7 p.m. featuring Susan Lundquist of the BYU English department. In the storytelling wing. Call 229-7174. Free.
Thursday, May 8
• Live Animal Show at the BYU Bean Museum, at 7:30 p.m. Tonight's topic is Ecosystems. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Classic Literature Lectures - "American Gothic: The Monumental Edgar Allen Poe," Orem City Library, 55 N. State, at 7 p.m. featuring Dennis Perry of the BYU English Department. In the storytelling wing. Call 229-7174. Free.
Friday, May 9
• Live Animal Show at the BYU Bean Museum, at 7:30 p.m. Tonight: Invertebrates. Call 422-5052. Free.
• Dinosnorzz at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. from 7 p.m. to Saturday at 10 a.m. $39 per child/$29 per adult in advance; $45/$35 the week of. Call 766-5015.
• Marilyn Reid Smith faculty vocal recital, 7:30 p.m., Madsen Recital Hall, Harris Fine Arts Center, BYU campus, Provo. Free.
• Classic Literature Lectures: "The Illusive Gatsby: Adapting the Novel to the Big Screen" Orem City Library, 55 N. State at 7 p.m. featuring Dennis Cutchins of the BYU English department In the storytelling wing. Call 229-7174. Free.
Saturday, May 10
• Live Animal Show at the BYU Bean Museum, 1 p.m. Today: reptiles. Call 422-5052. Free.
• 2008 Amp Sho' — Historic guitar and amplifier show from noon to midnight, Boothe Brothers Theatre, 165 N. Main, Spanish Fork. Entertainment, education, prizes, workshops, silent auction. Call 798-7650 to show or sell. Free.
• Prehistory Day Block Party, 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 105 Allen Hall, Brigham Young University campus, Provo. Features demonstrations of flint-knapping, basketry, and cordage plus hands-on activities along with food and entertainment. Call 422-0020. Free.
• The Thrillionaires perform each Saturday night at 8 p.m. in the Little Theatre at Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center, Provo. Call 852-7007 or see: www.coveycenter.org.
• Young Alumni tailgate party, at 11:30 a.m., southeast corner of the Lavell Edwards Stadium parking lot. Hot dog barbecue. Join Cosmo and Cougar baseball players for games and giveaways. Cost: $5 online at youngalumni.byu.edu. Children 5-under receive free admission to the game and pay $2 for a food ticket.
• Utah Valley PAF (Personal Ancestral File) Users, will meet from 9 a.m. to noon at the LDS "red" chapel at 4000 N. Timpview Drive (650 East), Provo. The main presentation will be new Familysearch Synchronization with Ancestral Quest; Family Insight; and Rootsmagic. Following these presentations there will be breakout sessions for all levels from beginners to advanced genealogists. Free.
• Classic Literature Lectures : "Murderous Love: Reading Shakespeare's Othello," Orem City Library, 55 N. State at 7 p.m. featuring Chris Clark of the UVSC Department of Theatrical Arts. In the storytelling wing. Call 229-7174. Free.
• Orem Community Dance, 8-11 p.m., Orem Senior Friendship Center, 93 N. 400 East. Dance to the Dennis Miner Quartet. Cost: $5. Call 229-7110.
• "The Miracle Worker" through May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem. Cost: prices vary. Call 226-8600. (See review online: deseretnews.com).
• "Cinderlla's Waltz Right Inn," May 9-June 16, at 7:30 p.m. (Friday, Saturday and Monday) at the Valley Center Playhouse, 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Cost: $6/$5 student, children, seniors/$25 family. Call 785-1186.
• "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan," May 16-June 7 at 7:30 p.m. (Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays), at the Center Street Musical Theater, 177 W. Center, Provo Cost: $10/$8 for seniors, students and children. Monday Night Family Show Pass is $45 (immediate family only please) Family Home Evening groups are welcome. Please call for group pricing. Dinner, optional, is an additional $10 per person, served at 6:30pm. Call 373-4485.
• "Robin Hood, the Musical," May 26-31at 7:30 p.m. at the Castle Amphitheatre in Provo. Presented by The Lockwood Repertory Company, featuring a pre-show by the King's Players. Cost: $9/$8 students/$7 for seniors and children. Tickets may be reserved by calling 801-372-1644 or reserve online at emersonsmith.org.
• Synthesis in Concert, May 9 at 7 p.m. at the SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S. State, Orem. Cost: $10/$8 children, students and seniors. Call 225-2569.
• A benefit concert will be held for Camp Kesem BYU, a camp for kids whose parents have cancer, May 17 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at the Tahitian Noni International Visitor Center & Gardens, 333 W. River Woods Drive (in the River Woods Business Park). Features: Debra Fotheringham, Bentley Murdock, and The Canyon View Jr. High Choir. Cost: $5 purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/34208 or by calling 801-734-9313. Tickets will also be sold at the door — check and cash only.
• Nebo Philharmonic Orchestra presents "COWBOY UP!" Saturday May 17, 7:32 p.m. American Leadership Academy, 1172 S. Del Monte, Spanish Fork. Cost: $5/$3 for seniors/students at the door.
Museums and exhibits:
• The Da Vinci Experience, an international traveling exhibit based on the work of Leonardo Da Vinci, will be featured at UVSC's Woodbury Art Museum at the University Mall May 9- Oct. 4. The exhibit consists of working mechanical models based on the drawings found in Leonardo Da Vinci's notebooks. The models are being assembled by the exhibit's international managing partner, Luigi Rizzo, from Florence, Italy, to scale and proportion of Da Vinci's sketches and originals. Those attending the exhibit will have the opportunity to fidget, fiddle, build and explore 11 replicas of Da Vinci's devices.
The exhibit will open to the public May 9 at 11 a.m. Free entry is offered for all teachers showing credentials on May 9, 10. Cost: $14/$11 seniors, $6 students, active military and family. Family group rates available. Children 5-under free. Group rates offered, minimum of 15. The museum is on the second floor of the University Mall in Orem in the southeast corner. The exhibit is open Monday from 12-9 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• His and Hers Exhibit through May 30 at the Terra Nova Gallery, 41 W. 300 North, Provo. Featuring the art of husband and wife artists. Hours: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other times by appointment. Call 374-0016 or visit www. TerraNovaGallery.com.
• Minerva Teichert "Pageants in Paint" exhibit, BYU Museum of Art, Provo campus, through May 26, 2008. Call 422-1140 to schedule a tour, must be arranged at least a week in advance. Family-oriented tours on Monday evenings. Free.
• "American Dreams," selected works from the permanent collection of American Art, BYU Museum of Art, BYU campus, Provo. Call 422-ARTS. Free.
• Orem Heritage Museum, SCERA Center, 745 S. State. Guided tours 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment. Call 225-2569. Free.
• Crandall Historical Printing Museum, 275 E. Center, Provo. Open weekdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost: $3. Tours by appointment. Call 377-7777.
• Hutchings Museum, 55 N. Center, Lehi. Check the Web site for classes, workshop and exhibit information: www.hutchingsmuseum.org. Call 768-7180. Free.
• "Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting" exhibit featuring 84 paintings and drawings by the artist, through July 27. Also "84th Annual Spring Salon" through July 6. Springville Museum of Art, 126 E. 400 South, Springville. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday from 3 to 6. Closed Mondays and holidays. Call 489-2727. Free.
• Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park, 18035 W. 1540 North, Fairfield, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cost: $2. Call 768-8932.
• Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, BYU campus in Provo, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 422-5051. Free.
• Thrillionaires Improv Theater, every Saturday at 8 p.m., Cheap Thrills presented by the workshop performance group every Tuesday at the Covey Center for the Arts Little Theater, 425 W. Center, Provo. Cost: $10. See: www.coveycenter.org or call 852-7007.
• Wiseguys Comedy Cafe, corner of Geneva Road and University Parkway behind the Chevron station. Shows every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. This week featuring comedy hypnosis. Cost: $10. Call 377-6910.
• Fat, Dumb and Happy's Comedy Club, 1350 W. 1140 South, Orem, Suite 3. Must be 18. Cost: $8 adults, $6.50 students. Buy online or at the door.
• Comedy Sportz, 36 W. Center, Provo. Clean improv comedy each Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:15 p.m. Cost: $8 in advance/$10 at the door, $4/$5 children. Pre-payment required to hold reservations. Call 377-9700. See: www.comedysportzutah.com for more information. Every Thursday ComedySportz laughletes perform musicals, Shakespeare, MST3K-style heckling. Cost: $3. No reservations needed.