NEW YORK — Red Sox star David Ortiz may soon provide more details about his 2003 drug test.
The Boston slugger and incoming players' union head Michael Weiner plan a news conference Saturday at Yankee Stadium before the Red Sox play New York.
Ortiz said last week that the union confirmed his name was on the list of 104 major leaguers who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003. Ortiz says he's still waiting for more information on the result.
Ortiz had little to say Thursday night before the start of a four-game series between the AL East rivals. As to whether he expected more booing than usual, he said: "It might get a little loud."
Big Papi was back in the Boston lineup after sitting out Wednesday night's 6-4 loss at Tampa Bay. The designated hitter was batting fifth.
Red Sox owner John Henry said the team won't comment on the drug test until Ortiz has discussed it.
"I'm going to let David speak first," Henry said Thursday at an event in Boston. "As soon as he speaks, then we'll have something to say."
The list of players who tested positive in 2003 is now under court seal. The players' union does not plan a court challenge to get Ortiz's results unsealed, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because it's a pending legal matter.
Weiner is the union's general counsel and No. 3 official. Union head Donald Fehr is planning to step down, and has recommended that Weiner take over.
Ortiz has been stuck in a season-long slump. He went into the game batting .225 with 15 home runs and 61 RBIs.
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said he hadn't noticed Ortiz acting any differently since The New York Times reported last week the star's name was on the 2003 list.
"I see him handling things very well," Francona said.