clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Eagle Mountain cabin chimney fire causes $100,000 in damages

EAGLE MOUNTAIN — Fire crews spent almost five hours fighting a chimney fire on Tuesday.

A passing Utah County Sheriff's deputy noticed the chimney fire at a log cabin in the 1700 block of Deerfield Circle and alerted family members inside before calling for help. Eagle Mountain Fire Chief Rand Andrus said about 20 firefighters from four different departments were on scene since a little after 5 p.m. handling the fire. The chimney's design and location complicated the firefighters' work.

The fire, which also burned the log cabin's walls, caused about $100,000 in damage.

"We're guessing it was a build up of fuel in the chimney that ignited to cause the fire," Andrus said.

No one was injured.

— Lana Groves