To keep MormonTimes.com fresh, we are looking for a single, Mormon 20-something to write a weekly dating blog.
We've decided to sponsor a two-month-long contest that will allow our readers to help choose their favorite blogging contestant by voting online:
We will start with 16 contestants. Every Tuesday and Friday in March and April, we will match up two new blogs from contestants and post them on MormonTimes.com for readers to vote on.
Voting for each contest will be open for three days. Winners of the first round will be matched against each another during the second round, and so on (in bracket fashion) until the final contest April 23. The winner will be announced April 30.
What's in it for the winner? She or he will get thousands of readers with a permanent columnist spot on our Web site, as well as a bit of dating money for each weekly blog. Still not enough? She or he will also be awarded with a weekly deadline! (We may choose to keep more than one columnist in the end — depending on a blogger's ... awesomeness.)
- To enterEach contestant must submit two blog entries by Feb. 26 to enter the contest. Then, be prepared to write a blog each week you remain in the contest.Blogs must be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Each contestant must agree to write a blog for Mormon Times each week, if they are selected.
- Blogs for the contest must be short, written in 500 words or fewer (roughly, one Word page).
- Each contestant must submit seven things with their two entry blogs by Feb. 26:
- Full name
- A portrait (JPG)
- Phone number(s)
- A couple of biographical sentences about who you are, what you're doing in life and why you would be a great 20-something blogger
Mormon Times, a product and weekly section of the Deseret News in Salt Lake City, is not an official publication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.