CLINTON, Utah — Larry Stokes of Clinton has a thing for old buildings.
Particularly the old church meetinghouse located on 1800 North he bought 18 years ago that is now celebrating 100 years of use since its construction in 1910.
Churchgoers arrived for services in horse-drawn carriages and did not enjoy such luxuries as indoor plumbing or electricity until 1915.
At the time, the city was originally part of Layton and consisted of only about 600 residents in the Clinton area.
Clinton City has since increased to an estimated 23,000 residents who have grown up with the church landmark as part of their town skyline.