Facebook Twitter

Morning fire ruins laptops at Springville High

SHARE Morning fire ruins laptops at Springville High
A morning fire at Springville High destroyed 20 laptops and 10 laptop batteries.

A morning fire at Springville High destroyed 20 laptops and 10 laptop batteries.

KSL.com

According to the Nebo school district, a laptop battery overheated shortly after 6 a.m., sparking a fire in a science lab at Springville High School that destroyed 20 laptops and 10 laptop batteries.

A fire alarm went off when the blaze began, alerting a custodian, and the fire was isolated to the cabinet area of the computers and some minimal scorching on the walls, Springville Fire Department Chief Henry Clinton said.

Students at the school joked that the incident was tied to the "Springville curse." The price tag associated with the loss of the laptops is estimated to be at least $10,000.

Read more at KSL.com.