Facebook Twitter



Frances Ellen Yeardley Henderson1919 ~ 2012Frances Ellen Yeardley Henderson, beloved wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, passed away on March 3, 2012. She was born on 1 August 1919, to David Ralph Yeardley and Bessie Mae Youler, in Hopwood, Pennsylvania, the second of five children.She is the mother of six children: Bonnie Jean (Richard) Dickson of Tacoma, Washington; Mary Anne (Charles) McClelland of Springfield, Virginia; David Yeardley (Paula) Henderson of Raleigh, North Carolina; Kathleen Joy (Bruce) Wheeler of Ashton, Maryland; Mark Hyrum (Amy) Henderson Jr. of Leonardtown, Maryland; and Linda Sue (Wayne) Pullan of Payson, Utah. They have 27 grandchildren and 26 great-grandchildren.She attended grade school in Hopwood and High School in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, the latter a walk of three miles each way. Following her graduation from high school, she worked for a time in Washington, DC, then, in 1944, took a wartime job working as a secretary for the government in Hawaii. She did so in hopes of seeing her two younger brothers who were serving in the US Navy in the Pacific. While working in Hawaii, she joined the LDS Church. At the end of the war she returned home and accepted a job with the telephone company in Washington, DC.In April 1947 she met Mark Henderson of Burlington, Wyoming while both attended the LDS ward in Washington, DC. He was working for the Corps of Engineers following his service in the Army during the war. They were married in the LDS church by their bishop, and 6 months later were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. They lived in the Washington, DC area in Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax City, and McLean, VA and near the temple in Kensington, MD.Following the graduation of all her children from high school, she was able to serve as a temple ordinance worker and an assistant temple Matron for 19 years at the temple before she moved with her husband to Springville, Utah in 2000.Due to a childhood illness, she underwent aortic valve replacement surgery and barely survived. After 64 days in the hospital, she returned home and after some time she was able to return to a normal life. She had a delightful sense of humor and cherished time spent with her family. She will be greatly missed.Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at the Spring Creek 2nd Ward Chapel, 400 North 400 East, Springville, Utah. Friends may call at the Berg Mortuary of Provo, Tuesday evening from 6 until 8 and at the church Wednesday from 9:45-10:45 a.m. prior to services. Interment, Springville Historical Cemetery, 200 West 400 South, Springville. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the LDS General Temple Patron Assistance Fund. Condolences to the family may be sent through her obituary at www.bergmortuary.com.