With unusual dimensions of 350 feet down the left-field line, 530 feet (expanded to 635 feet in 1908) to center and 280 feet to right, the Huntington Grounds featured a tool shed in deep center field that was in play and patches of sand where grass would not grow. The wooden-fenced stadium had a single turnstile, a main grandstand capable of seating 2,500 and held a total capacity of 11,500, though more than 15,000 crammed in for opening day in 1902.
By 1911, the venue had run its course. For one, the wooden structure was deemed a fire hazard.
Click here for the full story and graphics.