OREM — Utah Valley University got an 11th minute goal from Natalie Baker, but it wasn't enough to keep unbeaten Weber State at bay, as the visitors snatched a 2-1 overtime victory Thursday at Clyde Field. It was the home opener for UVU and a record 1,277 spectators were on hand for the match.

It was all Wildcats (2-0-1) early on as WSU fired seven shots over the first ten minutes and tested Wolverine keeper Lauren Sack. The senior responded well, though, delivering one of her best efforts in the 11th minute to stop a wide open Mackenzie Harrison with an outstretched dive to her left.

The save not only kept out an early score but opened up a counterattack opportunity for the home side. From the back, Melanie Ostler sent a long ball ahead to Natalie Baker cutting inside the defense, who was able to get possession just above the penalty area. Holding off a defender to her right, Baker caught WSU keeper Ryann Waldman in no man's land and beat her with a left-footed flick that bounded into the net.

The goal was the first on the season for the senior forward and also gave freshman Ostler her first collegiate assist.

That lead would hold until early in the second period when Alyssa Amano pulled the visitors level in the 49th minute. From 25 yards on the right side, Amano tried her luck and fired a bending ball that dove over the head of Sack and into the left side netting.

An hour of scoreless soccer followed as the match was extended into overtime. UVU nearly tallied the winner just four minutes into the extra period when Baker flew in on a bouncing through ball and attempted another flick with the outside of her foot. This time, Waldman got just enough of the ball to send it spinning around the left post and out of play.

Mackenzie Day ultimately sealed the win for the Wildcats in the 104th minute with a composed finish off a slicing pass from Marissa Yamane. Freed into the 18, Day fired a low shot into the right corner just past the outstretched fingers of a diving Sack.

Utah Valley finished the game with 10 shots to Weber State's 27. Jamie Brown and Haley Curtis finished with the Wolverines' only other shots on goal.

After Thursday's brief pit stop at home, UVU will be back on the road for its next three matches. The road swing begins in Pocatello, Idaho, where the Wolverines will meet Idaho State, and extends to Missoula, Mont., for two games at the Montana Cup.

Kellen Hiser is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.