Facebook Twitter

House fire displaces West Jordan couple

SHARE House fire displaces West Jordan couple
1320789.jpg

Shutterstock

WEST JORDAN — A two-alarm house fire displaced an older couple Sunday morning, fire officials said.

The blaze started in the garage and spread to the attic of the house at 3711 W. 8850 South about 8:30 a.m., said West Jordan Fire Battalion Chief Duane Paxton. The couple's daughter noticed smoke and was able to get everyone out of the home safely. Red Cross came to offer help.

Firefighters had to run about 200 feet of hose to reach the house, which is set back from the street, Paxton said. He estimated damage at $70,000.