PRICE — At least 25 people were displaced following an apartment fire that likely began from a malfunctioning treadmill.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, which began at about 4:30 a.m. at Main Street Apartments, 47 W. Main, but it took approximately three hours to clear the smoke from the building, said Price Fire Chief Paul Bedont.
Investigators believe the fire started in a treadmill, which was in an exercise room of the building. Fire and smoke caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.
No one was injured in the fire, and the Red Cross is helping residents find a place to stay. Many of the residents are single occupants, Bedont said.
The apartments sit atop two businesses at the street level.