SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Veterans & Military Affairs will hold six ceremonies throughout the state in March and April to pay tribute to Vietnam veterans and their spouses on the 50th anniversary of the war.
Each event will include a veteran pinning ceremony — one for veterans and one for spouses that reads “My Husband Served in Vietnam.” In addition, copies of the documentary “Long Journey Home” and a 50th anniversary book will be distributed. Eventually all 47,000 Utah Vietnam veterans will receive the book and documentary.
The ceremonies will be held at the following times and locations:
• Tuesday, March 29, 2-3 p.m., Capitol rotunda, 350 N. State, Salt Lake City
• Tuesday, March 29, 6-8 p.m., The Falls Event Center, 70 S. Mall Drive, St. George
• Wednesday, March 30, 6-7 p.m., County Courthouse, 51 S. University Ave., Provo
• Saturday, April 2, 6-7p.m. Central Davis Junior High, 663 N. Church St., Layton
• Wednesday, April 6, 6-8 p.m. Southern Utah University’s Hunter Conference Center, 351 W. University Blvd. Cedar City
• Saturday, April 9, 6-7 p.m., VFW Post 1481, 907 W. 12th St., Ogden
For more information, contact the Utah Department of Veterans & Military Affairs for 801-326-2372 or email@example.com.