SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Health Department is sponsoring events throughout the summer to collect all types of household hazardous waste. This free service is available to all Salt Lake County residents, however no business waste will be accepted.
Hazardous waste includes gasoline or other fuels, fluorescent lights, pesticides, acids, fertilizers, cleaners or any other substances. No explosives, radioactive materials, tires or medication will be accepted. Electronic waste will be accepted at all locations.
Collections will be held from 7 to 10 a.m. at the following locations:
• Thursday, June 9, Sandy Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West
• Thursday, June 16, Holladay City Center, 4626 S. 2300 East
• Thursday, June 23, Draper City Park, 1300 East and 12500 South
• Thursday, June 30, Sugarhouse Park, 1500 East and 2100 South
• Thursday, July 7, Sandy Public Works, 8775 S. 700 West
• Thursday, July 14, Holladay City Center, 4580 S. 2300 East
• Thursday, July 21, Draper City Park, 1300 East and 12500 South
• Tuesday, Aug. 2, South Jordan Public Works, 10996 S. Redwood Road
For question, contact the health department at 385-468-3862.