clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

LDS missionaries save apartment complex from carbon monoxide poisoning

Sister Adams and Sister Rambert went door-to-door to save their neighbors from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Sister Adams and Sister Rambert went door-to-door to save their neighbors from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Fox 2 Detroit

Two sister missionaries who usually go door-to-door to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, went door-to-door this weekend to save their neighbors’ lives.

Sister Adams and Sister Rambert are two LDS missionaries serving in Southfield, Michigan, who awoke early Sunday morning when their carbon monoxide alarm went off. They called 911 and began to knock on the other doors in their apartment complex. As they knocked, they realized that their detector was the only one in the building.

"No one else had the detector, so we were very grateful everyone was able to get out safely," Sister Rambert said to Fox 2 Detroit.

FOX 2 Detroit reported on the story. The video can be found on the station’s website.

About 20 people were evacuated from the complex, and everyone survived. Emergency responders said the carbon monoxide levels were dangerously high, according to a report from Fox 2 News.

"A lot of people kept asking the firefighters, 'If they hadn't called, we would all be dead, right?'" Sister Adams told Fox 2 News. "So it's really a tender mercy from the Lord."

Kelsey Schwab writes for the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com.