SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Astronomical Society will host series of free star parties throughout June.
The parties will take place at the following locations from dusk to 11 p.m., assuming the weather cooperates.
• Friday — Seventh Street Harmons, 7755 S. 700 East, Midvale
• Saturday — Stansbury Park Observatory Complex, Stansbury Park
• Friday, June 16 — Wheeler Farm, 6351 S. 900 East, Murray
• Saturday, June 17 — Stansbury Park Observatory Complex, Stansbury Park
• Monday, June 26 — Tooele Public Library, 128 W. Vine St., Tooele
• Friday, June 30 — Harmons, 10507 S. Redwood Road, South Jordan
In addition, the society will host a free sun party at Winchester Park, 64 S. 1100 West, on Saturday, June 10. Club volunteers will provide telescopes with special filters that allow visitors to safely view the sun.
Then on June 21, the society will host a meeting about the solar eclipse that will darken a path across the continental United States on Aug. 21. The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the Rampton Building on Salt Lake Community College, 4600 S. Redwood Road. The building is located on the northeast corner of the campus. Free parking is available east of the building.