Here's a look at the news for Oct. 2.
Our top headlines:
Are they misunderstood? Why Latter-day Saint millennials just want to be heard. Read more.
- Here are 10 ways to connect with Latter-day Saint millennials
- Atlantic journalist McKay Coppins speaks with the Deseret News.
Tropical Storm Rosa is headed toward the southwestern United States.Here’s how it will impact Utah.
GOP lawmakers called for Ben McAdams to halt his tax rate ads in his race against Rep. Mia Love. Read more.
Looking for a spooky theater production? We found 13 local productions just for that purpose. Read more.
Our most popular:
- Q&A: Utah's 'America's Got Talent' trapeze duo on their amazing connection: 'We’re not acting'
- Church News: Sister Barbara Bowen Ballard, wife of President M. Russell Ballard, dies
- Report: Young Utah parents disproportionately have low income, education levels
- BYU tight end Moroni Laulu-Pututau announces he has torn ACL
- 1 year after Vegas shooting, survivors describe 'new normal'
- Three Utah schools get Blue Ribbon designations by Department of Education
- Grant will make math a family affair at Midvalley Elementary School
- Dobkin brings versatile experience to post as Westminster's 19th president
- Amid critical audit, board says it may now penalize Utah schools over fees
- SLCC Westpointe Center aims to 'close gap' of Utah's workforce needs
- Kavanaugh was questioned by police after bar fight in 1985 [The New York Times]
- North Korea is believed to have up to 60 nuclear weapons, South Korea says [NBC News]
- Indonesia tsunami: Death toll rises to nearly 1,350 [BBC News]
- South China Sea: Chinese ship forces U.S. destroyer off course [BBC News]
- Venezuela: nearly 2 million people have fled country since 2015, U.N. says [The Guardian]