SALT LAKE CITY — A major winter weather storm led to several delays across the Beehive State. Schools across the Wasatch Front announced closures, delays and cancellations because of the snowfall.
We’ve collected a list of those locations and shared them below. Most of this list is based on information from KSL.com.
Note: These closures and delays only apply for Feb. 6, 2019.
All closed K-12 school districts
- Canyons School District
- Granite School District
- Jordan School District
- Murray City School District
- Park City School District
- Salt Lake City School District
- Tooele County School District
Specific school closures
Specific schools announced closures, too, according to KSL.
- American Preparatory Schools in Draper
- Athlos Academy School in Herriman
- Canyon Rim Academy in Salt Lake City
- Career Path High in Kaysville
- Hawthorn Academy in South Jordan and West Jordan
- Liahona Academy in Pleasant Grove
- Mount Vernon Academy in Murray
- Providence Hall Charter Schools
- Weilenmann School of Discovery in Summit Park
- Rowland Hall-St. Mark's in Salt Lake City
- Juan Diego schools.
A pair of schools are experiencing delays.
- East Hollywood High School
- West Valley City John Hancock Charter School
- Pleasant Grove
Here are the colleges experiencing delays and closures.
- The University of Utah canceled all daytime classes.
- Westminster College closed.
- Salt Lake Community College is closed until at least noon.
- Weber State will remain open.
Other school closures
- LDS Business College
- Rosemand University of Health Sciences in South Jordan
- Intermountain Christian College in Holladay
Other areas will be closed today, too.
- The governor’s office enacted a two-hour delay for state employees for four hours, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
- The Clark Planetarium will open late around 3 p.m.