SALT LAKE CITY — Tickets for Megaplex Theatres’ 48-hour Marvel Cinematic Universe marathon went on sale Tuesday morning.
- The Megaplex Theatres will host a 22-movie marathon exclusively in Utah. The film binge-watch will end with “Avengers: Endgame” on April 25 at 5 p.m. MT.
- Interested fans will receive “exclusive event premiums” and “concessions offers” from Megaplex, according to a press release emailed to the Deseret News.
- “This is the biggest movie marathon in Megaplex Theatres history,” said Blake Andersen, Megaplex Theatres president, in a statement. “We’re pulling out all of the stops to offer this elite group of guests the ultimate Megaplex Theatres marathon experience.”
- The 22 films add up to 2,872 total minutes of Marvel content.
Time: The event begins on Tuesday, April 23, at 8 a.m. MT. It will end at 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 25.
Where: The event will be exclusive to Megaplex Theatres at The District in South Jordan.
Cost: Seats cost $99 (plus taxes) for all 22 movies. That’s about $4.50 per movie. You can also buy a meal plan, which will give you breakfast, lunch and dinner for each day of the marathon for an additional $99.
Your ticket will come with the following:
- Marvel Marathon Comfort Kit (a blanket and “other convenience” items for the marathon)
- Souvenir Popcorn Tub with unlimited Megaplex popcorn
- A souvenir drink cup with unlimited Coca-Cola Freestyle drinks
Interesting: The entire schedule only includes breaks for meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) on each day. The movies will otherwise run straight through. That means you’ll be in that theater for the entire marathon of movies.