Why are Drake and Travis Scott being sued?
- Henry reportedly filed the suit for his client, Kristian Paredes, who filed the complaint seeking more than $1 million in damages since Drake and Scott “incited the crowd” that left him injured.
According to Fox News, a crowd surge began when Drake and Scott were on stage together.
What happened at Travis Scott’s Astroworld concert?
- According to reports, a crowd surge cause widespread panic within the crowd, which led to people fleeing the scene and trampling others.
- Video footage from the night shows fans breaking through barriers to enter the show. More videos show Scott performing despite pleas for help from those in the crowd.
Did Travis Scott respond?
Yes. Scott will reportedly give a refund to all attendees of Astroworld, per Variety.
- Scott tweeted Saturday: “I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.”
Scott responded to the incident in an Instagram post, too.
- “I’m honestly just devastated,” Scott said in the video, per Deadline. “We’re actually working right now to identify the families so we can help assist them through this tough time.”