- There was a fifth victim, too, who was hospitalized in critical condition, Lt. Jennifer Amat told CNN.
- The shooting follows a string of recent shootings, including one in Atlanta and another in Colorado, according to the Deseret News.
What happened in the Orange, California, shooting?
Per CNN, police officers were called to respond to shots fired around 5:30 p.m. PT at the office complex. Once they arrived at the scene, there were already gunshots going off.
- The suspect and police engaged in a shootout. The suspect suffered one wound and was transported to the hospital. The suspect remains in critical condition.
- The names of the victims and suspect were not released, according to CNN.
What led to the shooting in California?
We don’t know. Per The New York Times, it’s unclear “what led to the shooting.”
- “They said a firearm had been recovered at the scene, which covered two floors and a courtyard area of the building,” according to The New York Times.
Any reactions to the Orange, California, shooting?
- “It just sounded like a popping sound,” she said. “It didn’t really sound like how you would imagine it, like in the movies. We’re hearing of all these shootings going on, so I just thought, ‘Another shooting.’ But we never imagined it would be that close to us.”
What will happen next?
KABC reports that investigators will release new information about the shooting on Thursday, which could include the victims’ and suspect’s names.