Timothée Chalamet will be donning the purple suit coat soon enough as he will play Willy Wonka in a new prequel film about the candymaker — a golden goose of a role, if there ever were one.
- Per Deadline, this movie “will mark the first time Chalamet gets to show off his singing and dancing skills with several musical numbers set to appear in the film.”
- “He’s been the top choice for some time but scheduling was a hurdle that had to be overcome as training for those numbers is included in the prep for this film,” according to Deadline.
According to Variety, the film “will explore the upbringing of the man who later created the famous house of confectionary treats.”
- This “Wonka” movie — especially with Chalamet in the title role — will blow up like a balloon (or a young girl full of berry juice).
More details will be revealed later. So, fans, save for room for later (like Augustus). We know Mike TeeVee definitely will. Slugsworth? Who knows.
- Warner Bros. said the film will released in theaters on March 17, 2023. And no, you won’t need a golden ticket to see it.
- As a “Wonka” fan myself, all I can say is — I want it now.