“Snow White” will be receiving the live-action remake treatment, and we already know who will take on the iconic role.
- Rachel Zegler — who will star in the upcoming “West Side Story” — will take on the role as Snow White.
- “Zegler, who beat out many for the role, is poised for a major breakout,” according to Variety.
Zegler responded to the news on social media.
- Zegler tweeted her excitement about the role: “I HAVE MANIFESTED MY ENTIRE LIFE I THINK I THINK.”
- She added in a separate tweet, “yes i am snow white no i am not bleaching my skin for the role.”
- Zegler also shared a video where she is seen talking with a version of Snow White. She captioned the video: “homegirl we have LOTS to catch up on.”
Marc Webb, who worked on “500 Days of Summer” and “The Amazing Spider-Man” films, will direct the remake.
- “Rachel’s extraordinary vocal abilities are just the beginning of her gifts. Her strength, intelligence and optimism will become an integral part of rediscovering the joy in this classic Disney fairytale,” Webb said in a statement, according to Variety.
The “Snow White” remake was originally announced in 2016. But there haven’t been any details about casting, plot or release date since then, according to IGN. However, Benj Paset and Justin Paul, who wrote music for “La La Land” and “The Greatest Showman” are attached to the project.