After it was announced that Adidas cut ties with Kanye West, the rapper showed up unannounced at the Skechers headquarters in Los Angeles on Wednesday, CNBC reported.
Driving the news: West, who changed his name to Ye this year, was escorted out of Skechers headquarters by two executives when he showed up unannounced.
- The sneaker company said in a statement that West “arrived unannounced and without invitation.”
- West’s arrival at Skechers came a day after Adidas severed ties with the rapper.
- West was involved in “unauthorized filming” at the headquarters, according to Skechers’ statement. He and his party were escorted out by Skechers executives after a “brief conversation.”
- Sketcher said that it does not have any intentions of working with West. “We condemn his recent divisive remarks and do not tolerate antisemitism or any other form of hate speech,” the company wrote in the statement.
What they’re saying: Twitter users poked fun at West following the incident.
The fact that a Jewish family not only runs but founded Sketchers and then the company had anti-semite Kanye West escorted out of their HQ is just priceless.— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) October 27, 2022
Kanye tried to take YEEZY’s to Skechers? I thought y’all said this man had an elaborate master plan.— NUFF (@nuffsaidny) October 26, 2022
- On Thursday morning, West posted on Instagram, “I LOST 2 BILLION DOLLARS IN ONE DAY...I STILL LOVE YOU...THE MONEY IS NOT WHO I AM, THE PEOPLE IS WHO I AM.”
- West’s net worth dropped by $1.5 billion when Adidas ended its partnership with him, causing him to lose his billionaire status, according to Forbes.