The company is looking to make massive changes to its production business, including an overhaul of DC Entertainment characters and products, per Variety.
- The company wants a Kevin Feige-like person who can keep track and run the creative and business side of the DC Universe.
- DC currently “lacks a coherent creative and brand strategy,” which the company hopes to fix.
- Warner Bros. wants to bring back characters like Superman, who need an update and rebrand.
- The company wants more films like “Joker,” which capitalize on secondary characters.
- There’s desire to align the film, streaming and gaming content together.
The bigger picture: The decision to rework DC Entertainment comes as two of the bigger entertainment properties — Warner Bros. and Discovery — merge into one brand, according to CNET.
- In the immediate future, this could mean the streaming services HBO Max and Discovery+ will be packaged together in bundles in much the same way Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ are bundled together, CNET reports.
Want more?: The Hollywood Reporter has a good behind-the-scenes feature piece about what’s happening in the companies right now.