As you may have read in past blogs I have been alphabetizing my CDs since my wife and I moved into a new house.
Well, Monday morning I was able to finish up with the Zs. Yep, I was able to wrap up the alphabetizing with "ZZ Top's Greatest Hits."
It took less time than I thought and was actually a very soothing process.
I looked around and realized that I still needed to file all the holiday-themed CDs. I have about 100 of those. And, of course, I have all my box sets. (I haven't counted them, yet).
Still, I was able to give a deep sigh of relief that the bulk of the work is done.
Here are some things that I learned while alphabetizing those 10,000 CDs:
1. There are more bands whose name starts with S than any other letter.
2. The letter T is the second most popular band-name beginner.
3. C isn't too far off from T.
4. There are only a handful of bands that start with X and Q, but the total number of bands and artists that star with X (at least in my CD collection) is seven.
5. I don't know how many CDs of bands that start with S are in my collection
6. When it's all said and done, seeing my CDs properly stored in shelves is a great feeling.
7. I still have some boxes that need to be unpacked.
8. I just remembered that I have about 70 music DVDs that I need to file that are in those unpacked boxes.
9. I also have to start the holiday CDs.
10. When thinking about the holiday CDs, I found myself wishing it would snow.