Whole Foods is offering a new insurance program this year for people who burn their turkeys.
What’s going on?
- People will get a $35 gift card from Whole Foods if they “commit a turkey cooking fail.”
How it works:
- Customers will have to buy and obtain their turkey from Whole Foods from Nov. 11 to Nov. 22.
- Customers then visit TurkeyProtectionPlan.com to see if they’re eligible. You can apply from there.
- The deal is limited to the first 1,000 claims, though.
- Claims can be filed beginning Nov. 26.
- The “cooking fail” must have happened between Nov. 26 and Nov. 27.
- “As we anticipate more smaller Thanksgiving gatherings and first-time cooks tackling turkey preparation this year, the Thanksgiving Turkey Protection Plan allows customers the freedom of culinary exploration, knowing all is not lost should their cooking go astray,” Theo Weening, vice president of meat and poultry at Whole Foods, said in a statement.