HBO Max will be available on Amazon Fire TV devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs and Fire tablets beginning Tuesday, Nov. 17.
- HBO Max features plenty of content from HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more.
Why it matters:
HBO Max launched back in May. However, the app would not appear on Roku or Amazon devices, as I wrote about for the Deseret News. The company was working on a deal with Roku at the time, specifically looking at how much money Roku would earn from the app.
- Meanwhile, Amazon has its own streaming service, Amazon Prime, which made it harder for the two sides to strike a deal.
- “We are very excited that Amazon customers will now be able to enjoy the best-in-class content that lives within HBO Max,” said Tony Goncalves, head of sales and distribution for WarnerMedia. “Our continued goal is to make HBO Max and its unparalleled content available to customers across all the devices they love. Fire TV is a favorite among customers and we look forward to working with the Amazon team to engage and grow our existing subscriber base by showcasing all that HBO Max has to offer.”
What is on HBO Max?
Here’s a breakdown of the entire family-friendly movies and TV shows you can find there.
- “The Matrix” series
- “The Lord of the Rings” series
- “The Wizard of Oz”
- “When Harry Met Sally”
- “The Big Bang Theory”
- “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”
- “South Park”
- “Gossip Girl”
- “Sesame Street”
- Cartoon Network shows