‘Star Wars’ legend Mark Hamill reveals why he didn’t return for ‘Lego Star Wars Holiday Special’
Mark Hamill returned to voice Luke Skywalker in previous ‘LEGO Star Wars’ titles, though
“Star Wars” legend Mark Hamill recently explained why he didn’t return for the recent “Lego Star Wars Holiday Special.”
What’s going on?
- The episode included moments with Rey, Finn, Poe, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine and, yes, Luke Skywalker.
- But Luke Skywalker was voiced by Eric Bauza and not Mark Hamill, who has done voice-over work before in animated series and has even voiced Luke in three other “LEGO Star Wars” titles.
Mark Hamill’s reasons:
I did not play the voice of Luke in the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special because:
A) I didn’t want to risk tarnishing the legendary status of the original.
B) They didn’t ask me to.
The special included former “Star Wars” alums reprising their roles from live action and animated productions. Here’s a rundown of who did return.
- Kelly Marie Tran (who plays Rose Tico).
- Billy Dee Williams (who plays Lando Calrissian).
- Anthony Daniels (who plays C-3PO).
- Matt Lanter (who voices Anakin Skywalker in “The Clone Wars”).
- Tom Kane (who voices Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn in “The Clone Wars”).
- James Arnold Taylor (who voices Obi-Wan Kenobi in “The Clone Wars”).
- Dee Bradley Baker (who voices clone troopers in “The Clone Wars”).
Eric Bauza has also voiced Luke Skywalker in a number of projects over the years, according to CinemaBlend. He voiced the characters in “The Yoda Chronicles,” “Droid Tales” and “The Freemaker Adventures.”