“Stranger Things 4” released a new teaser video on Valentine’s Day, showing us a brief moment in the forthcoming show. Previous comments from the show’s creators and an actor gives us a clue about what to expect in the new season.
What did the Duffer brothers say?
- Ross Duffer said: “We don’t want to write ourselves in a corner so we try to have these early discussions with the writers just to make sure that we’re setting ourselves up to go in the right direction. We don’t know a lot, but we do know a lot of the big broad strokes. At the end of season 2, we knew about Billy. We knew that the Russians were going to come in. We didn’t know the mall and stuff, but again, we know these big broad strokes. That’s sort of where we are in season 4. We have the big broad strokes. It’s just now about filling in those lines in the details. We’re pretty excited about where it’s potentially going to go. Again, like we said, it’s going to feel very different than this season. But I think that’s the right thing to do and I think it’ll be exciting.”
- Matt Duffer said the new season would “open up a little bit” and allow “portals into areas outside of Hawkins.”
- The new teaser proves the new season will have moments outside of Hawkins and it already has a different feel that the previous years.
What did David Harbour say?
David Harbour, who plays Jim Hopper, is due for a big season. His character seemingly died at the end of “Stranger Things 3.” He said he didn’t think Hopper survived. But hope, he said, is important, according to his interview with Entertainment Tonight.
- Harbour: “It seems pretty crazy … that machine went off and blew up and Hopper seemed to be trapped there. He did glance around a little bit, but he seemed to be trapped and the machine exploded.”
- “I mean, we should always hold onto hope. We should never let go of hope — but Barb is really dead.”