Lori Loughlin’s daughter Olivia Jade has reportedly put her YouTube return on hold.
What’s going on?
- Olivia Jade — who made her own name in celebrity circles as a YouTube star — made her return to YouTube back in December 2019 after leaving her channel in the wake of the college admissions scandal, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Olivia Jade said she wasn’t allow to speak about anything going on with the college admissions scandal. She said she admitted she missed filming her YouTube videos.
- But now, Olivia Jade has put her return on hold, according to the Mercury News.
- A source told Us Weekly that Olivia Jade remains “between a rock and a hard place” over the YouTube return.
- “Olivia is in a strange place right now, she’s mentally ready to put herself out there, but she also knows that all of her past issues will be front and center again very soon,” according to Us Weekly. “She’s trying to put on a brave face and go out and get back to her more normal routine, but she’s very upset that she can’t explain her side of the story without it impacting the case.”
Why Olivia Jade might be in trouble
- Brand and reputation management expert Eric Schiffer told me in a phone interview that federal prosecutors may be setting their sights on indicting Olivia Jade, too, after they released her fake resume that was sent over to the University of Southern California in the college admissions scandal.
- “You know, she may face her own charges. I mean, they released that document. Who knows what they’re gonna do? To me, that was a clear and present danger signal coming from the prosecution that she may get charged. And it’s a message to her parents that if they want to protect her daughter, they better play ball.”
How did Loughlin respond?
- A report from the Mercury News suggested Loughlin wasn’t happy with her daughter’s return to social media even though she had reportedly received approval to do so.
- A source told Us Weekly: “Lori was very clear in telling Olivia to remain quiet and not do anything controversial. ... Olivia’s YouTube video was a big betrayal. And cracks in the family are starting to show.”