New details have emerged about the new Megaplex Theatres location opening in Idaho Falls, Idaho, next year.
What’s going on?
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies and Ball Ventures announced in December 2019 that Megaplex would open a new location in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- New details were released Tuesday.
- The location will have 10 screens with 975 all-luxury leather recliners.
- Each cinema will have a quiet room for parents and children to watch their film, too.
- The theater doesn’t want there to be any waiting lines so the lobby will offer a luxury lounge space where people can buy food and beverage instead,
- The Idaho Falls lobby will offer seating options, too.
What they’re saying
- Blake Andersen, president Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres: “We are excited to enter the Idaho Falls market. Our construction team is diligently working on plans to bring a world-class building that will complement our Megaplex commitment to providing our customers with the best movie-viewing experience available.”
- Cortney Liddiard, chief executive officer of Ball Ventures: “The Larry H. Miller Group of Companies casts a wide net of successful ventures and have defined their ABC’s of success: automobile dealerships, basketball, and community involvement. Ball Ventures is excited to be a part of their future in Idaho Falls and to bring the new Megaplex to Snake River Landing.”
When does the Idaho Falls Megaplex open?
- Work on the location begins in March. Construction starts in spring 2020.
- Construction will be complete in 2021.