Fox News host Laura Ingraham says she would move to Utah and run against Mitt Romney
Laura Ingraham said on her show ‘The Ingraham Angle’ that she would run against Romney if he ran again.
What happened: Ingraham slammed Romney and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Wednesday night after Romney said he would vote to convict Trump and Pelosi ripped up Trump’s impeachment speech, according to Mediaite.
- Ingraham: “If he were up for reelection this year, the people of Utah would have their own payback against him because they were defrauded by Romney. For when he had to choose, he chose (Charles) Schumer and Kamala (Harris) over common sense and conservatism. If you’re one of Romney’s constituents in Utah, you’re out of luck. If you’re a business in need of a regulation reexamined, don’t bother calling his office. He has no power anymore.”
- Ingraham: “Like all the other bitter ‘Never Trumpers,’ he’d rather see the entire American economy go down the drain than give Trump a victory.”
- Ingraham: “Mitt, you made your stand. Now should you should resign. You committed a fraud on the people of Utah, on the Republican Party, on the Constitution, and a thoroughly embarrassed yourself. If I have to move there to run against him in four and a half years, I will. I do like that Park City skiing and the summer hiking.”
- Ingraham: “At the end of the day, one man was trying to impress the elites in Washington today and the guy in the Oval Office was not. All along he was just trying to make America greater and he has. Romney, I hope, enjoys his brief moment in the sun while he is lauded by the very people who spent the last 20 years attacking him because in a few weeks, the phone will stop ringing. He will be lucky to get booked on Chris Cuomo’s show.”
Romney reaction: Romney said he’s unsure if his decision in the Senate trial will impact his reelection in 2024, the Deseret News reported.
- Romney said he doesn’t have a plan to how to deal with fallout.
- Romney: “I don’t know what might happen in the Utah Legislature. I will accept whatever consequence is sent my way and recognize that is part of the job. People don’t expect me to be a shrinking violet.”