The lineup for this year’s Deer Valley Music Festival includes performances from The Beach Boys and Kool & The Gang, as well as other visiting artists, with the Utah Symphony, according to a press release from the festival on Tuesday.
The festival opens July 3 at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, and will feature 19 concerts over the course of six weeks. Other performances will take place at St. Mary’s Church and various art galleries in Park City.
Here are just some of the highlights from this year’s festival:
- The Patriotic Pops concert will open the festival on July 3, with guest vocalist Capathia Jenkins (who most recently starred in “Newsies” on Broadway) performing with the Utah Symphony.
- The Grammy award-winning R&B group Kool & The Gang will perform with the Utah Symphony on July 10.
- Ben Folds will appear with the symphony on July 11, and will also be offering an AMAA (Ask Me Anything...About Music) Master Class for those who purchase a VIP pass to the concert.
- For fans of “Harry Potter,” the Utah Symphony will perform a concert featuring music from all eight of the films on July 24.
- The Utah Symphony will perform concert tributes to two beloved artists: John Denver, with “Take Me Home: The Music of John Denver” on July 18, and Neil Diamond with “Super Diamond” on July 25.
- The Beach Boys will be the final performance of the festival, appearing with the Utah Symphony on August 8.
Throughout the festival, St. Mary’s Church in Park City will host a series of concerts from the Utah Symphony every Wednesday evening. There will also be concerts hosted by J GO Gallery, Gallery MAR and Susan Swartz Studios on Main Street in Park City.
Group and VIP tickets for the festival are on sale now. Single-concert tickets will go on sale on April 27 and will be available at deervalleymusicfestival.org or ArtTix.