“The Biggest Loser” crowned its latest winner on Tuesday night with Jim “Coach” DiBattista claiming the crown.
- DiBattista, 47, was named the winner after starting the show at 385 pounds and dropping down to 241 pounds — a loss of 144 pounds in total, according to People magazine.
- His reaction (via People magazine): “That final moment on stage — when I knew I was The Biggest Loser winner — I looked over at my wife, my three sons and my trainer, Erica, and I had a feeling of accomplishment that I had never felt before in my life. I am so proud that I was able to get it done for ALL of them; they sacrificed so much for me. The Biggest Loser changed my life forever. I am and will always be the show’s ‘BIGGEST’ cheerleader!”
How his family reacted
- DiBattista told Us Weekly magazine in an exclusive interview that his son couldn’t believe DiBattista lost all the weight.
- He said: “I have a 19-year-old son who just kept looking at me and gasping. My one son couldn’t even look at me. All of them were just overwhelmed. They get speechless.”
- DiBattista said his wife struggled to speak with him when he entered the house for the first time, too, according to Us Weekly magazine.
- He said: “It took five minutes for her to recover. We were literally hugged in my kitchen for five minutes and then both of us started crying. It was crazy. It was kind of a weird, delayed reaction — like when you throw a rock in the pond and the ripples don’t happen until 10 minutes later.”