A bakery in Finland is selling novelty toilet paper roll cakes, saving the business from falling under amid the coronavirus pandemic, Reuters reports.
- The staff at Ronttosrouva bakery noticed that all orders were canceled in March just as people began hoarding toilet paper due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- So the bakery decided to create a cake that looked like the rolls.
- The ingredients? Oat batter, passion fruit mousse and white fondant as icing.
- According to Reuters, the first five cakes sold within one hour. There are now hundreds of orders.
In the United States ...
- A bakery in the Dallas-Fort Worth area has created “quarantine cakes” that are shaped like toilet paper, too, according to NBC DFW. Tareka Lofton and her team started baking the cakes to help save her business, saying that the unique cakes inspired people to buy from the bakery again.
- A woman named Kate from Sydney, Australia, went viral for baking coronavirus cakes, too. As BuzzFeed News reports, Kate couldn’t sleep one night and decided to make a cake. She decided to channel her fears over the coronavirus pandemic into crafting toilet paper cakes.