Ayesha Curry launched a new lifestyle magazine Tuesday, one that’ll focus on faith, family and gratitude.
- She told People magazine: “I’m so nervous and excited about it. This first issue is all about presence and gratitude, which I think is so important, not only in life, but especially right now. I just hope that people find a sense of peace from it.”
- Curry showed off the cover for her new magazine — called “Sweet July” — on Tuesday to People magazine and on the “Today” show.
What the magazine is about
- The first edition focuses on Ayesha and her husband, Steph Curry. A column within the first issue includes a conversation between Steph and Ayesha.
- There’s also an “Ask Mom Anything” column in which Ayesha takes questions from her two daughters — Riley and Ryan, according to People magazine.
- Ayesha Curry said the magazine will focus on food and family. And it’ll offer representation for young black women.
- She said: “Representation matters. It was so exciting to know that as my girls grow up, they can see themselves within the pages. And for people in the same boat as me, or just working women everywhere, to have that representation in an easygoing way, I think, is important.”
A different perspective
- Ayesha Curry announced the magazine two weeks ago in an Instagram post, which included a video with her children. She said in her post that the magazine is meant to be a source of light in today’s world.
- Curry said: “If you’re like me, you’re looking for any glimmer of light or joy in the world right now to help get you through these unforeseen strange times.”