- Moore performed in an Instagram livestream Monday, singing the song “Only Hope,” which was popularized in the hit film “A Walk to Remember.”
- She appeared in the video with her husband, Taylor Goldsmith, who played the guitar.
- Watch the performance below.
‼️Mandy Moore just sang “Only Hope” from A Walk to Remember for the first time in almost 20 years, and it was perfect. pic.twitter.com/Stxlmw63Pp— Ashley Spencer (@AshleyySpencer) April 6, 2020
What’s ‘A Walk to Remember’ about?
- The 2002 hit is based off of a Nicholas Sparks novel, which tells the story of young Jamie Sullivan and her romance with Landon Carter. The two fall in love while performing a school play.
- In the film, Moore performs the song “Only Hope” during the school play.
- In 2017, Moore told Entertainment Weekly about the scene and why she will never forget it.
- “The most memorable scene for me is the school play and singing the song ‘Only Hope.’ I remember putting on that beautiful ice blue, silk dress and everyone fawning all over it. It was the first time that I wasn’t in a ratty sweater and an oversized housedress.”