“Dateline NBC” will air a new two-hour program tonight centered around the case of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell, which has been called one of the “strangest” and “ most bizarre” stories.
- Vallow is currently sitting in an Idaho jail on a $1 million bail, facing charges of desertion and nonsupport. Her two children — Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17 — have been missing since September.
- “Dateline NBC” will air the new special on Vallow and Daybell Friday night. The two-hour special — titled “Where are the Children?” — will air at 8 p.m. MDT on NBC. Local times may differ based on your area.
- NBC producers and NBC correspondent Keith Morrison worked on the project. Morrison recently told KTVB he was shocked by the story.
- Morrison said: “First you’re confused, then you’re alarmed, then you’re amazed, then you’re very curious. I mean this is the strangest story that I’ve encountered maybe ever. I don’t know, it’s bizarre.”
What to expect:
- Morrison will interview Colby Ryan, the oldest son of Vallow, in what will be Ryan’s first national interview. And he will interview Vallow’s niece, Melani Pawlowski and her husband, Ian.
- Morrison told KTVB he’s surprised there haven’t been more answers in the case. Specifically, he’s not sure why the children are still missing.
- Morrison said: “I would have thought there would be answers about JJ and Tylee by now, frankly.
- Morrison said: “I know what some of the investigators think. I know what some of the family is prepared to believe or not believe, everybody’s in abeyance.”
How to watch:
- The show kicks off at 8 p.m. MDT on NBC. Local times may differ based on your area. Check local listings.